Our Favorite Links
Victorian History, Architecture, and Decorating
- The Victorian Society in America - For over thirty years the Victorian Society in America has been a leader in the appreciation and preservation of this country's nineteenth-century heritage. Founded in 1965 as a companion organization to the Victorian Society in Great Britain, the Victorian Society in America (VSA) brings together lovers of Victoriana.
- Victoriana, Resources for Victorian Living - VICTORIANA introduces a unique way to locate and review sources for quality antiques, 19th Century reproductions and services relating to Victorian decorating, life-styles and restoration.
- Victorian Web Sites - Not much content, but lots of links to other sites.
- Victorian Station - Dedicated to Victorian enthusiasts with history and photos of Victorian architecture, interior design, Queen Victoria and articles of interest.
- San Francisco Walking Tours - Take a trip back to San Francisco's rich Victorian past. Learn about the architecture, lifestyle and history of this fascinating era. The group is small, the pace leisurely and the walk low impact.
- Eras of Elegance is the premier Internet resource for enthusiasts of the Renaissance through Edwardian eras of history. Step into the past and learn about the politics, religion, science and technology, and arts of each period.
- Historical Folk Toys - period toys and other fun things!
- The Ornament Company - Have your house turned into a keepsake ornament
- Dresden Star Ornaments - Faithful reproductions of Victorian Christmas ornaments.
- Winsford Walled Garden - Beautiful garden in the UK, and their web site has lots of resources for the Victorian Gardener, including examples of period greenhouses.
Private Victorian Homes
- California Historical Society - As the state's official historical society, we hold extensive materials about California's rich history.
- National Trust for Historic Preservation - The National Trust is a nonprofit organization with more than 260,000 members. As the leader of the national preservation movement, the National Trust is committed to saving America's diverse historic environments and to preserving and revitalizing the livability of communities nationwide. It has seven regional offices, owns 18 historic sites and works with thousands of community groups in all 50 states.
- Preserve/Net - The Preservationist's Resource.
- Preservation Action Council of San Jose - The Preservation Action Council of San Jose is a non-profit membership organization providing information to property owners and education to the public, and promoting programs and policies for historic preservation and compatible new architectural design.
- Internet Resources for Heritage Conservation, Historic Preservation, and Archeology - A good place to start searching the Internet. Web, Gopher, & FTP sites, as well as news and list servers.
- National Park Service - Historic Preservation projects of the NPS.
- National Register of Historic Places - The National Register of Historic Places is the United States of America's official list of historic properties worthy of preservation. The National Park Service maintains this register of districts, sites, buildings, structures, and objects significant in American history, architecture, archeology, engineering, and culture.
- Preserve & Protect - A not-for-profit corporation providing space on the World Wide Web for Historic Preservation and Environmental Protection Organizations
- Ian Evans' World of Old Houses - From the other side of the planet comes this extensive guide to restoring and caring for old houses.
- Palo Alto Stanford Heritage (PAST) - Closer to home is this nonprofit organization advocating the preservation of the historic architecture, neighborhoods, and character of the greater Palo Alto-Stanford Area. It works through informed citizen action and advocacy.
- Restoration Central is a complete resource of restoration and decoration related information, products, and services for old home and antique enthusiasts. Our emphasis is on the Arts and Crafts Movement, but also have information related to the Victorian, Mission, Craftsman, Prairie, Mission Revival, Colonial and Spanish Colonial styles.
- Alameda Architectural Preservation Society - preserving the architectural legacy of Alameda, California
- Oakland Heritage Alliance - Advocates the protection, preservation, and revitalization of Oakland's architectural, historic, cultural and natural resources.
- Victorian Alliance - Committed to the preservation and restoration of Victorian and other historic structures, particularly within the city of San Francisco.
- Lafayette Square, a historic neighborhood of Victorian style painted ladies, French second empire, and Romanesque Revival architectural homes near downtown St. Louis, Missouri USA
- St. Joseph Preservation Inc. -Preservation group located in St. Joseph Missouri.
- OldHouses.com - For sale listings of old houses available throughout the United States. Also many old house resouces.
- Old Homes New England - The place to share ideas, successes, failures of living with your old home no matter the age or location
- Arts & Crafts Home - English site dedicated to this period of architecture.
- Sacramento Historic House is an online guide to the charming and architecturally significant houses or buildings that dapple the greater Sacramento area.
- Vintage Clothing - 1840 to 1940 - The vintage clothing collection of Lori Knowles.
Victorian Preservation Association - P.O. Box 586 - San Jose, CA 95106-0586 - Email:email@example.com