We try to keep this list of historic house museums for New Mexico current, but it is best to check directly with the museums for their hours and other information. If you know of a historic house museum in New Mexico that should be listed here, please use our submission form to let us know about it.
Need an Image for ID# 363
Hours: 9-12, 1-5pm Tue-Fri, 1-5pm Sat
Two well preserved turn of the century homes house a historical museum and art gallery.
Need an Image for ID# 362
Philmont Training Center, Hwy.
Admission Price:Suggested donation of $5, over 12 years
Hours: Variable, depending on season. Best to call.
The Villa Philmonte is Spanish Mediterranean in style with arches, a double courtyard, red tile roofs, etc. It was the summer home of Waite and Genevieve Phillips who gave it, along with 127,500 acres of land, to the Boy Scouts of America in 1941. The Villa (28,000 sq. ft. in size)sits at the foot of the Rocky Mountains in the heart of Philmont Scout Ranch's base camp. Philmont is the largest youth camp in the world. The Villa has been a house museum since 1980 and still holds many of the Phillips' original pieces of furniture - some dating back to the 1500's and 1600's.
Need an Image for ID# 364
Silver City,NM 88061
Toll Free: (877)777-7947
Admission Price:$3 suggested donation
Hours: 9-4:30pm Tue-Fri, 10-4pm Sat-Sun
Housed in the restored 1881 Mansard/Italianate H.B Ailman House, the museum collection resource materials include some 20,000 objects relating to the peoples and history of southwest New Mexico.
Need an Image for ID# 365
Admission Price:Call for info
Hours: Call for info
In 1962 Helen Greene Blumenschein gave the family’s home and furnishings as a gift to the community of Taos and the Kit Carson Historic Museums (now the Taos Historic Museums). The museum celebrates the lives and art of Ernest L. Blumenschein, Mary Shepherd Greene Blumenschein and their daughter Helen. It also commemorates the formation of the Taos Society of Artists and the establishing of Taos as a world-renowned art colony.
Need an Image for ID# 367
Admission Price:Call for Info
Hours: Call for info
La Hacienda de los Martinez is one of the few northern New Mexico style, late Spanish Colonial period "Great Houses" remaining in the American Southwest. Built in 1804 by Severino Martin (later changed to Martinez), this fortress-like building with massive adobe walls became an important trade center for the northern boundary of the Spanish Empire. The Hacienda was the final terminus for the Camino Real (the royal road) which connected northern New Mexico to Mexico City. The Hacienda also was the headquarters for an extensive ranching and farming operation.
Need an Image for ID# 366
Admission Price: Contact Museum
Hours: 11am-5pm Daily
Frontiersman Kit Carson lived here from 1843 to 1868. Rooms are furnished in period.